27 July 2010

Answers in the Trees

I do hope that there is wisdom in the woods, since I have chosen to spend my summer holiday this year at Clissett Wood in Herefordshire, where I will be learning green woodworking. I'm not so ambitious as to think I will actually make a chair, but I should become better acquainted with a shave-horse, and spending that much time outdoors is enough of a thrill for me.

The rap poet Paradox is offering wisdom from the trees in his poem about the scandal of money, banking and interest. You will have heard this message many times before since the Crash of 2008, and read plenty of similar stuff on this blog, but none of it as stylish, I think, as this six minutes of poetry.

1 comment:

  1. You have no idea how jealous I am - perfect holiday, have fun!

    ReplyDelete